Re: [OCLUG-Tech] blocked on futex

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Bart Trojanowski <bart-oclug [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net> wrote:
> While that could be that the bug is in libc, I'd bet it's the user of
> the pthread library that's not releasing the lock.

Certainly possible.

> Just googling for "python futex strace" shows few similar problems (with
> other software).  If you say that your python software does not do any
> locking or even use threads... then it could be a bug in python.
>
> Is it possible for you to try your software on a newer release of
> the python interpreter?

I tried building my own vanilla python.org 2.3.7 and it didn't fix the
issue. I could jump to 2.4 as we're going there soon anyway. I'm also
going to build without thread support in one version to confirm the
location of the problem.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier [ at ] digitaltorque [ dot ] ca>
--Albert Einstein