[OCLUG-Tech] speakers needed for OCLUG March meeting

We're looking for speakers for the Mar 3 OCLUG meeting.

If you can speak on a topic but won't be ready by Mar 3, let me know
anyway.  Advance planning would be nice.

Possible topics (or suggest your own):

 RSS/ATOM feed readers
 - What are they?  Why would I want to use them?
 - Sample programs and how to use them.

 twitter

 virtualization
 - what is it?
 - samples: zen, kvm, vmware, others

 presentation software
 - OpenOffice is fairly easy to use but requires the use of a weak editor.
 - Other packages use markup codes that allow using a fully featured
   editor to create presentations.
   - eg: MagicPoint, LaTeX Beamer, AsciiDoc(?), others

 Firefox extensions
 - A widely used browser (someone can talk about other browsers too)
 - Describe some useful extensions you've found
   Eg: Vimperator, NoScript, It's All Text!, Adblock Plus, others.

 Screen Casting
 - what is it?
 - describe some tools (eg: ffmpeg, ImageMagick).

 Databases
 - How to select from mysql, postgress, sqlite, etc.
 - Features and limitations.

 New-to-Linux or Win2Lin
 - Adding a (possibly short) new-to-Linux topic to each meeting would
   be good to attract new members.
   Since experienced members don't have time to learn about all
   topics, they might learn something too.

Discussion followup to oclug-events [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca or send mail to me.

thanks
roland

Roland Renaud     rjrenaud [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com