[OCLUG-Tech] Canadian Gov RFI on FOSS

Hello,

The Canadian Ubuntu mailing list brought to my attention this RFI from the Canadian Government soliciting input of FOSS:

http://www.merx.com/English/SUPPLIER_Menu.Asp?WCE=Show&TAB=1&PORTAL=MERX&State=7&id=PW-%24%24EE-015-18733&FED_ONLY=0&hcode=Au64x22Vv9pVNE3IKtFp3Q%3d%3d

A few e-mails have been exchanged already on how to get organized to provide a response from the part of the ubuntu-ca team.

I believe that we in Ottawa should rally together and provide a response as well. In fact I believe we should encourage other FOSS groups to do the same all over Canada. Individual answers should also be welcome.

The more professional responses we can get the better. I mean, this is no place to start bashing companies or other technologies.

What do you think?

--
Pedro