Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Empty messages

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:59:40AM -0500, Joe Burpee wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 08:53:55 -0500, Brian Barber wrote:
> > Is it just me or is there no text in the previous three messages in
> > this thread?
>
> Apparently some people choose to post html-only messages, despite
> standard etiquette such as http://oclug.on.ca/mailing_lists/ .  I assume
> mailman is deleting the html message body.  It might be less annoying if
> it rendered the html as plain text, or if it just deleted the entire
> message.

I'm using stripmime on majordomo mailing lists I host that keeps text if it
exists, attempts to convert html if there is no text, and always gives a report
to indicate what it did.

> Joe

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!