[OCLUG-Tech] Proxy server question

I am trying to set up a proxy server that does the following, and I'm not even sure where to begin.

Basically, the server needs to do these two things:

1. One class of authorized users who have unrestricted access to the Internet.

2. A second class of users who are denied access to the Internet, except for a predetermined whitelist of sites that they need to be able to access. Basically, we want to do site-filtering rather thatn content-filtering.

Is this even possible with e.g. squid, or do I have to look someplace else?