Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Ubuntu

On 18/11/08 Eric Brackenbury said:

> OK Mike
> So why three distos ?

Timing mostly. We work on CentOS at work so that's just convenience. Ubuntu
gave me the least problems initially on my thinkpad, and I didn't feel like
the work involved in setting up Gentoo at the time.

I put FreeBSD on a server to see how the other half lived, and I found that I
like the ports system, so I told myself I'd give Gentoo a closer look when I
had a chance, and I recently got the chance while setting up a new home
workstation.

I like to compare. Languages, editors, OSs... I have yet to find anything
perfect so I don't get zealous about it. Mostly I just know what I like, and
don't.

Mike