[OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG December meeting - Linux and photography

After the November OCLUG meeting, there was some discussion about
having Linux and photography as a future talk.

Someone, I think it was Steve Lusk, suggested having an "experts"
panel since there are several group members that know some aspects of
this subject rather than someone who knows them all.

With the holidays approaching, the December meeting might be a good
time for this.

Panel members could give a lightning talk about some aspect of Linux
and photography.
We'll have a few questions after each talk.
After the last talk, we'll have a general discussion where anyone can
ask questions and anyone can answer them.

Let's simply define an "expert" as someone willing to talk about some
aspect of photography that they think might be interesting to the
group such as:
- S/W for moving images between your camera and computer.
- S/W that you found useful for sorting, labelling,
  manipulating (color balance, red eye, etc) images.
- Experiences you had with H/W or S/W and getting it to work.
- Any particular H/W that worked well with Linux; or didn't?

A "non-expert" can be someone in the audience who is too humble to
give a talk but finds they know the answer to some of the questions
that get asked.  They'll still be able to participate in the discussion.

Based on the discussions from the last meeting it could be interesting.

Therefore:
- If you want to be on the panel, please inform me (and/or this list)
  what you are going to talk about so I we have a topic list for
  the web page.
- If you know the email address of someone you think should be on the
  panel, forward them a copy of this posting and copy me.
  If you have a name to suggest but don't know how to contact them,
  send their name to me and I'll try and find their address.  Some
  people on the board seem to have many contacts.

Comments?  Bad Idea?  Needs more lead time to prepare?
Suggestions?

thanks
roland

Roland Renaud
OCLUG speaker co-ordinator

PS: To anyone who has previously sent me mail, note that I am now
    using this mailing address: rjrenaud [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com
   Also, sorry if this appears twice.  I had to join the group with my new email address or it gets stuck waiting for the moderator.  I'm trying to expedite this.