Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Attachments (Was: Cacti and Speedtouch)

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:54:31PM -0500, Damian Gerow wrote:
> Does the list not accept attachments?  I'm definitely sending 'em (I didn't
> type 14k worth of text), but they're not coming through.

All the lists I host (I don't host this list, but I host this machine.) strip
attachments as a matter of policy.  I don't know what this list policy is.

Please see this Netiquette document for guidelines:
	ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1855.txt

Please post attachments to a FTP or web site and post the link, or in-line any
text.

MIME may be fine for personal email, but it is an abuse on mailing lists.

>   - Damian

	slainte mhath, RGB
	GPC Listmaster

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!