Re: [OCLUG-Tech] network printer

On 30-Oct-08, at 10:47 AM, James wrote:

I want recommendations for a network printer.
I have a printer so would it just be better to buy a wireless print server?
Maybe I need a new router with a built-in print server.
I don't have a lot of plugs.
Do they make routers with all 3: wireless/VOIP/print server?

I have a 4 year old Brother 420CN (printer, fax, scanner) that has a built in Ethernet server. The current model is about $100. They provide Linux CUPS drivers as well as drivers for Mac and Windows. I haven't tried using the scanner from Linux yet.

Before this printer, I bought a new one every year because they wore out.

   ... Glenn

--
Glenn Henshaw              Ottawa, Canada
Email: thraxisp4 [ at ] mac [ dot ] com