[OCLUG-Tech] $5 digital camera runs in Linux

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] $5 digital camera runs in Linux
  • From: Prof J C Nash <nashjc [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:43:26 -0400
I was in factorydirect tonight and saw these keychain digital cameras. They have them 2 for $9.98, and won't let you buy just 1. Each comes with battery, USB cable, software CD (Windows <= XP only, but see below), manual and case.

Took a flyer and bought two.

Surprise is that they actually work rather well. And gtkam is able to get the photos off them.

Also supposed to work as a webcam, but I haven't figured that out in Ubuntu yet.

Has capacity for about 25 photos. Apparently more in other modes. About 3*5*1 cm on a keychain. ClearAll didn't work, but removing the battery (AAA) clears it just fine.

JN