[OCLUG-Tech] Re: [oclug-announce] Planet OCLUG

Hi,

I expect that at least some members have already written articles that can be used to 'kick-start' content. You should be able to just use RSS feeds like the ones I supply below.

Here are links to a couple of Blogs of mine that are 'open source friendly'.

http://advogato.org/person/DeepNorth/rss.xml

The following is *supposed to work, but feedburner is down right now, so I can't test:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheDeepNorth

Failing that, you can see the same blog here:

http://Blog.TrueBob.com

I wrote this article here and it is free to publish:

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2003/02/24/in-praise-of-richard-stallman

These articles should be free to publish. As the author, I give you permission, whatever the site terms say (I still hold copyright).

http://advogato.org/article/699.html
http://advogato.org/article/962.html
http://advogato.org/article/679.html
http://advogato.org/article/684.html

I have other stuff floating about, but these are just examples (you may use them, though). I am sure there must be others with more interesting stuff than me.

Regards,

Bob Trower

Ian Ward wrote:
As requested [1] I've added a feed-aggregator to the OCLUG web site. The
first "planet" is available at http://planet.oclug.on.ca/ and currently
has three feeds.  I've added a box to http://oclug.on.ca/ for Planet
OCLUG as well.

I'm looking for three things now:

 * More members' blogs to add to Planet OCLUG (rss feed url and author's
name)
 * Someone to improve on the default template [2]
 * Someone to administer the feeds and perhaps add more "planets" (using
a simple web-interface)

If you can help with any of these please send me an email.

Ian

[1]: http://devel.oclug.on.ca/ticket/29
[2]:
http://devel.oclug.on.ca/browser/oclug_django_site/trunk/templates/feedjack/default/post_list.html