RE: [OCLUG-Tech] Resent: RE Query regarding my experience with theKoolu Net App

  • Subject: RE: [OCLUG-Tech] Resent: RE Query regarding my experience with theKoolu Net App
  • From: "Rosberg, Michael" <mrosberg [ at ] telesat [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:05:25 -0500

I took delivery of a NetApp on Friday and left it running over the
weekend. I haven't been able to play with it much just yet as the lone
manual that shipped with it assumes a MS Windows OS load, and the Koolu
version ships with Ubuntu. Once I hear back from Koolu support with a
username/passwd I will spend some time evaluating and will report back
with some of my impressions.

I must say that my initial experience with Koolu has not been great. Did
I mention that I ordered this box on 11 Dec!!!

I bought this box to eval as a potential replacement for the Stealth
LittlePC platform. The LPCs have been a great product until recently
when they decided to EOL their Linux friendly architecture in favour of
one which lacks linux driver support.

MikeR.