[OCLUG-Tech] Re: Configuring 4GB RAM on an Intel box

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Configuring 4GB RAM on an Intel box
  • From: Bruce Miller <bruce [ at ] brmiller [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:18:55 -0500 (EST)
Thanks to all for your advice on this question. My Intel-based
system is now running smoothly and quietly) with an "amd64" OS.

There were two keys to the solution:
1. despite the "amd64" label, 64bit OSes work on Intel chips as
well;
2. many longstanding usability and functionality limitations
(e.g. Flash, multimedia) have now been resolved.

Happy New Year.

--
Bruce Miller
Ottawa ON, Canada