Re: [OCLUG-Tech] find images by size

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 11:06 pm, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 24/07/07 Bruce Harding said:
> > So can some one help me out with a command/script/regex to find, mv, and
> > the convert these images which are to large? The too large images are all
> > large than 160 dpi, but of various sizes.
>
> Can you identify them by running "identify" on each file and keying off of
> the output, which includes the image size?
>
> Mike

Someone sent me this from another group.

identify -format '%f: %wx%h\n' * | grep '[02-9][0-9][0-9]\|1[5-9][0-9]' |
cut -d ' ' -f 1

I'm unfamiliar with the command "cut" does it put my files in a directory or
file?  Is is cutting the large files from the rest?  If so where is the info
going?

--
Bruce Harding
Manager,