[OCLUG-Tech] ProFTP and IE7

Hello all,

I've been out of the linux loop for a couple of years now and am once again in a sys admin position. Something strange has come up and I was wondering if I have your imput/suggestions on it.

There is a server in the office running Mandrake 10.2 and ProFTPD 1.2.10-9. (I didn't set these up, they are legacy from my successor)

Everything about it is fine except for one issue. When someone uses IE7 to browse the ftp site they aren't chroot-ed like they are in IE6 and Mozilla or any other ftp program. What happens is they log on with a user/pass and should be taken to /home/some_user (there is no anon on this ftp), and unable to move up a directory.

What is happening in IE7 is a user logs on with his/her credentials and it drops them right to /home and they then have access to all the other users folders instead of being trapped in their own home folder.

I've tried searching on Google but with no luck.

Thanks
Collin

p.s.  Other than ProFTPD do you suggest any other ftp servers?

--
Collin McCrank
Systems Administrator