[OCLUG-Tech] possible problem with SSH2 v3.2.9.1 on AMD64

There may be a problem with SSH2 v3.2.9.1 on AMD64 / x86_64 and ia64 systems. As some of you may still be using this software I thought you might like to know. There was a bug reported on FreeBSD with SSH2 and AMD64. I have not been able to reproduce it, but it does make me wonder what other bugs may be present on AMD64 systems.

The bug report is here:

The link to the patch is dead but the patches can be found via cvsweb. Look for the patches by marius that are about 8 months old.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/ssh2/files/

I will not be using SSH2 on AMD64. I am not about to audit the code for other bugs. As near as I can tell SSH2 is no longer maintained (for some time now).

--
sg

message navigation