Re: [OCLUG-Tech] mutt mail message

Hi;

I solved the problem.

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 09:52 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have just dug into root mail messages through mutt.  I have managed to
> fix all the problems except 2.  Some help or direction would be
> appreciated.
>
> 1) The first and most re-occuring message is the following:
>
> How do I fix this and what does bugzilla have to do with my mysql
> server.
> mysqld is running and mysql exists in my /etc/passwd.
> ------------------
> mail message
> ------------------
> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:45:21 -0400
> From: root@localhost.localdomain (Cron Daemon)
> To: apache@localhost.localdomain
> Subject: Cron <apache@CASE> cd /usr/share/bugzilla && env LANG=C
> +/usr/share/bugzilla/whine.pl
> Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
>
> Can't connect to the database.
> Error: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'bugs'
>   Is your database installed and up and running?
>   Do you have the correct username and password selected in localconfig?
[Big snip]

It seems that mysql must be installed before bugzilla.  I installed
bugzilla with my original FC6 installation without mysql.  Didn't
receive any protest at the time that I can remember.  I added mysql when
installing Apache a few days ago.  Now Bugzilla and Mysql couldn't find
each other. Bugzilla had not created its 'bugs' database that it was
looking for.  I have removed bugzilla and re-installed it. Everyone is
now playing together nicely.

Just thought I would let everyone know in case they have a similar
problem. Recommend that any new Linux installations include Mysql or
other databases that subsequent applications may require.  I am sure all
of this goes without saying, but it was new to me and hard to chase down
-- because all the error messages had to do with permissions etc.

Thanks to everyone for their help.
--
Regards Bill