[OCLUG-Tech] Kqemu ?

I am considering Qemu + kqemu to run a couple of virtual Linux machines. The host and virtual machines will be Debian/Etch. Does anyone have any experience with Qemu and kqemu? Did you run into any problems? What is the performance like? How does it compare to Xen?

I have used Xen in the past. Unfortunately the Debian/Etch Xen Linux kernels require PAE support which my hardware does not appear to have. I would rather not compile and manage my own kernel images or rely on 3rd party kernels. Similarly OpenVZ looks good but there are no Debian kernels.

I considered VServer but it looks messy. The howtos I have read all seem more complicated then the Qemu + kqemu howtos. Also there seems to be a few quirks, particularly with the networking. If I am wrong please convince me. VServer is probably better as my host machine does not have much ram.

--
sg