Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Back-up strategy for home linux systems

I tried it last night and it almost did what I wanted (I think). However, the rescue CD it created didn't handle my off-board IDE controller. It loaded the module and recognized the device (dmesg). However, the drive attached wasn't recognized. When the system normally boots (not off the CD) it prints the info about IDE controller near where the on-board controller. Off the CD, it prints it after the on-board controller is detected and the drives attached are detected.

Booting off the rescue CD left me without the HD where the image to restore was located.

Is there some command to rescan for hard disks after boot?

Oh well, it was close.

Thanks,

Dennis