[OCLUG-Tech] Linux Software Engineer job posting at Lumenera

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Linux Software Engineer job posting at Lumenera
  • From: rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] net (Richard Guy Briggs)
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 23:16:16 -0500
Hi folks...

A number of you have seen some of the cameras that our company builds.
Our ethernet cameras are Linux based.  Our USB cameras have Linux
drivers.

http://jobs.joelonsoftware.com/?1110

Software Engineer at Lumenera Corporation
Nepean, ON K2E 8A7
Position Name: Software Engineer
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Division or Department: Engineering

Lumenera Corporation, headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, is a leading developer
and manufacturer of high performance digital imaging products and solutions.
Lumenera cameras are used worldwide in a diverse range of industrial,
scientific and security applications. Lumenera's core competencies include
digital bus technologies such as USB 2.0 and Ethernet as well as the
integration of CMOS and CCD Sensors.

Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Industries Inc. [NASDAQ - ROP];
a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for global
niche markets. Lumenera works in partnership with Roper and its affiliates,
further expanding its product offerings with access to their global supply
chain.

Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team
who will help us drive change and bring our products to their next generation.
Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?

Objective:
Lumenera has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer who will work as part
of the product development team, engineering the control software that is core
to our security camera line.  The employee will work with Hardware and FPGA
Engineers as well as other Linux Software Developers.

Job Summary:
- Develop new software by analyzing customer requirements, designing, coding,
testing, debugging and integrating it with the target hardware.
- Implement control loops and image processing algorithms in software.
- Assist with the development of built-in self-test software used on-board the
cameras to perform diagnostics.
- Provide solutions and/or recommendations as part of a project team, to
implement new functionality or resolve technical issues related to developed
systems.

Job Requirements:
- B.Sc., B.Eng. (EE) or equivalent
- 2+ years experience developing software on Linux based systems
- Strong programming skills with C/C++, shell scripting, Python, Java
- Knowledge of the GNU toolchain (GCC and GDB)
- Familiarity with some of the following protocols: HTTP, TCP, UDP, RTP/RTSP,
SMTP, FTP, zeroconf
- Familiarity with software configuration control software (e.g. SVN, CVS,
Perforce or GIT)
- Experience with engineering tools (e.g. Logic Analyzer, Oscilloscope,
Debugger, Emulator, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to quickly identify and fix
problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self directed and enthusiastic team player with a strong motivation to
succeed
- Reliable and well organized

Assets:
- Experience with or knowledge of the following topics:
- Writing/Modifying Linux kernel code
- Image processing algorithms
- CCD and CMOS imagers
- Embedded programming on ARM and 80C51 processors
- TI DSPs
- Microsoft Visual Developer Studio and Windows programming

Working Conditions:
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several
hours at a time.
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is
conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the
Controlled Goods Program.

Compensation and Benefits:
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.

We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program
(health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to
3% of your base salary, but is dependant on your personal contributions. We
also provide employees with 5 paid sick days in lieu of Short Term Disability.

We offer 3 weeks vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous
service. All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait
period.

Joel Test Score: 10/12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.

Yes! Do you use source control?
Yes! Can you make a build in one step?
No. Do you make daily builds?
Yes! Do you have a bug database?
Yes! Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
Yes! Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
Yes! Do you have a spec?
Yes! Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
Yes! Do you use the best tools money can buy?
Yes! Do you have testers?
No. Do new candidates write code during their interview?
Yes! Do you do hallway usability testing?

Interested?  Send resume to careers [ at ] lumenera [ dot ] com

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --    ~\             Auto-Free Ottawa! Canada
<www.TriColour.net>                --    \@       @       <www.flora.org/afo/>