[OCLUG-Tech] Setting a shortcut key to produce a check mark ??

Hi;

I would like to set a key to preform <Ctrl><Shft>U2713 which produces a
check mark.  How would I go about binding <Ctrl><Shft>U2713 to a key in
a way that the <Ctrl><Shft>U2713 is executed?

In another form the check mark is 0xE2 0x9C 0x93.  I have no idea what
to do with that but it looks useful.

I was going to try and create something that could be used by my compose
key (Windows Menu key) but that got too complicated real fast.

If some one can help me with any of the methods for quickly writing a
check mark in any application or environment I would greatly appreciate
it.
--
Regards Bill

message navigation