Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Challenge - Who can sell my wife a set-up Running Linux System?

On 02/08/06 Charles MacDonald said:

> Nothing but the fact mine is upstairs and hers is downstairs and I don't
> jhave the patinece to fish Cat 5 thorugh the walls, and she does not
> want LAN cable draped down the stairs and throgh the hall.
>
> I bought a 50 ft cable to try and was told to clear it away.

I'm currently using cat5 at 100Megs/half, and I'm pretty happy with the
result. I only have wireless for my laptop.

I hid the cables under the baseboards, mostly, since the builders decided to
add horizontal studs to my walls to make it impossible to drop cables down
vertically.

My wife loves her highspeed, so she'll put up with a little unsightly cable
here and there.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier [ at ] digitaltorque [ dot ] ca>
direction." --Albert Einstein