Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Kernel Update Goes Funny

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 05:53:25PM -0400, Barry McLarnon wrote:

> > It sounds like the update didn't run 'lilo' after upgrading the
> > kernel... assuming LILO is your bootloader.  If your bootloader is
> > GRUB, then I can't explain it.
>
> I remember that one from days gone by, but I am indeed using GRUB.

Have you checked /vmlinuz to make sure it's a symbolic or hard link to
the appropriate kernel in /boot?  This tends to be a LILO thing rather
than a GRUB thing, but it's possible your GRUB config points there.

Obviously, checking your GRUB config is a good idea, too.