[OCLUG-Tech] sending mail (rogers & sendmail)

I got a hold of the oreilly sendmail book and read through it, I've read over the sendmail readme that describes the various mc macros/options but I'm still not sure how to get sendmail to send mail! While I think I have a handle on sendmail rule sets, and the mc files, and what an mta is, my problem seems to be that I don't know how to configure sendmail to send from rogers. Here are a few specific questions:

is sendmail supposed to send mail to the rogers smtp server, or can I send directly to the destination?

how should sendmail rewrite my address (the sender), ie should the sender address be rewritten to be myid [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com, or can it leave the sender address as myid@host.mylan (the replyto address is myid [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com)?

if someone has a sendmail.cf file that does this, I would very much appreciate seeing a copy.

regards,
es.

Fashion, food, romance in Sympatico / MSN Lifestyle http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/

message navigation