Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Friend installed Linux - then ripped out WindowsXP: He needs help ??

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Friend installed Linux - then ripped out WindowsXP: He needs help ??
  • From: William Case <billlinux [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:33:32 -0400
Hi Adrian;

On Sun, 2006-11-06 at 15:57 -0400, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> (A bit late, but here's my hopefully-helpful suggestion.)

> > They are backwards here, but they weren't used backwards on his
> > machine -- just a bad memory and typing too quickly.
>
> And you're certain you / your friend was trying to mount /dev/hdc1 and
> not /dev/hdc, right?

Yes,thanks.  Since the original post we have managed to:
re-format and re-partition another old hard drive; download the Autopsy
suite from STD-Knoppix; dd the old disk image to the other harddisk;
and, view the files on the newly formatted disk.  Last I heard, he had
not yet done anything with the files he can now list/see.

I promised I would tell how it went.  Sorry I forgot.

--
Regards Bill