[OCLUG-Tech] A final BIOS question ??

Hi;

I get the following from wikipedia, and something very similar from
PCGuide and other manuals.  They all leave me with one thing I don't
understand:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS

"Upon starting, a personal computer's CPU runs the instruction located
at the memory location FFFF0h of the BIOS. This memory location is close
to the end of system memory. It contains a jump instruction that
transfers execution to the location of the BIOS start-up program. This
program runs a Power-On Self Test (POST) to check that devices the
computer will rely on are functioning; it also initializes these
devices. Then, the BIOS goes through a preconfigured list of devices
until it finds one that is bootable."

In detail, here is the question: During a cold boot; at the instant of
powering up, before resetting; How does the jump instruction get into
system memory location FFFF0h?

"Upon starting, a personal computer's CPU runs the instruction located
at the memory location FFFF0h of the BIOS.  This memory location is
close to the end of system memory."  Is memory location FFFF0h, an
address in the BIOS CMOS (in my system, the CMOS of the Intel Firmware
Hub)? Or, is it a location in main system (RAM) (high memory)?  If so
how does it get there?  If it is hardwired or embedded in some way, why
is it considered part of system memory.

I have got the rest of how my computer boots.

Regards Bill