[OCLUG-Tech] kernel hacking with data structures

Hi all,

I'm working on some kernel modules, and I find myself needing to use
some data structures. Since the idea is pretty ubiquitous, there's no
real need for me to write my own implementations of hashtables.
However, every implementation I try to use fails on compile, since
they all use the standard c library, which is not allowed at kernel
level coding.

My question is, is there a standard solution to this problem, or do I
have to [re]write these myself to use proper headers?

I tried to google, but as you can imagine this can be a fairly
ambiguous kind of query.

thanks
Oren