[OCLUG-Tech] Re: [oclug] Suse security update to Mozila gives strange defect on OC lug digest.

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: [oclug] Suse security update to Mozila gives strange defect on OC lug digest.
  • From: Adrian Irving-Beer <wisq-oclug [ at ] wisq [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 00:33:37 -0400
On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:42:25PM -0400, Charles MacDonald wrote:

> The new version has asked me to set up Enigma mail, and wants me to
> tell it where the PGP program is..Is that the problem?, if so what
> do I tell it.

I don't know if it's the problem.  I do know that your client is
cacking on a PGP-signed message.

Obviously, it's trying to verify that message, and something about
that process (like, not having a PGP verifier to begin with) is
causing it not only to fail -- which is expected -- but to *cease
displaying* the rest of the message -- bad and unexcusable.

In the free software world, we use GnuPG ("gpg") instead of "pgp", the
old canonical PGP client.  PGP long ago became a standard rather than
a particular client, and I haven't seen heads or tails of Phil
Zimmerman's (less free?) original PGP client for a long time.

Try installing GnuPG and see if that helps.