Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re TCP Ports -- and the little guy listening

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re TCP Ports -- and the little guy listening
  • From: Bart Trojanowski <bart [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:08:58 -0400
* Shawn Corey <shawn [ dot ] corey [ at ] sympatico [ dot ] ca> [050728 10:43]:
> I'm having difficulty with this one. If SSH is done thru only one port,
> then:
>
> 1. The session is continually being interrupted by others wanting to
> login via SSH.

> 2. Only one login is allowed.

Not true.  A connection is defined by a set of two end points (client
and server).  Each end point has an IP address and port number.  When
you connect multiple times to an ssh server at least one of the 4 things
will differ.

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/