Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Debian root on LVM on Raid part 2.

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Debian root on LVM on Raid part 2.
  • From: "Dan Langille" <dan [ at ] langille [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:02:33 -0500
On 22 Feb 2005 at 19:56, Stephen Gregory wrote:

> Debian with a root filesystem on LVM on top of software raid works. I
> ran a quick test installing from a recent Debian Sarge Install CD. I
> partitioned the drives, created the software raid, and then setup LVM.
> No special boot partitions are required. Lilo is used to boot instead of
> grub. The setup was painless.

Have you tried or heard of gag.sf.net ?  Looks interesting to me.  I
may use it for my laptop (now triple booting).

Hmmm, perhaps I should do that for my talk next Tuesday... I'm giving
a talk on Apache Virtual Hosts...
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/